Thursday, June 3, 2010

My New Favorite Product

I have been trying to slowly change the way I clean my house.  Instead of doing a massive cleaning once a week, I've been trying to clean daily.  That includes laundry, dishwasher, wiping the sink in the bathrooms down each day, etc.  These are small items but it really makes a big difference.  I think that this is part of "nesting" but I'm not sure.  Like yesterday, I was in the shower and when I was done with my wash cloth I wiped off the top ledge of the shower.  We've lived in this house for four years and I have never noticed (or had the urge to clean) that ledge.  I know you are in suspense so I will tell you, it was disgusting!  Small thing completed but it all adds up.

In my effort to change the way I clean, I am updating my cleaning products.  I have been doing research about different products and asking friends for their recommendations on the products they can't live without.  It is a slow process but I'm phasing out the old cleaners and replacing with better, fun ones.  My thought is that if I like the cleaner, I will clean more.  I'm not sure the validity behind that statement but I will keep you posted.  And just an FYI, one of my goals is to vacuum daily and to do this I think it is necessary to have a Dyson, so I'm taking donations for this.

Through my research, I realized that Method has introduced laundry detergent.  I use a few Method products and love how they clean and smell (and the bottles are always cool) so I wanted to give it a try.  I had a coupon for $2.00 off so I bought the 25 load bottle of peony blossom. You can get your coupon here.

The coolest thing about this product is that it comes in a squirt bottle, similar to hand soap.  I love this because the previous bottle of detergent had streaks of liquid coming down the sides of the bottle and it was a mess.  The instructions are on the small bottle made for single hand use.  It is simply, 2 squirts for a small load and 4 for a medium load.  The detergent is standard machine and HE machine compatible.  The best part, it smells perfect.  It doesn't have an overbearing fragrance and is just sweet enough to get hints of throughout the day.

This is the best product I've found in a long time!  If you try it, let me know!

1 comment: