Monday, July 12, 2010

My Pregnancy: 30 Weeks

 I haven't written about my pregnancy yet but have been meaning to.  I'm 30 weeks pregnant.  We are due on September 16th and are SO excited.  We've had such a great time talking about the future and our plans.  I can't wait to meet our little baby.

Pregnancy has been the hardest thing I've ever gone through and the biggest blessing at the same time.  The idea of "pregnancy glow" doesn't exist and there are so many things that happen to a woman's body that can't be explained.  Eric and I have had a great time laughing at some of the silly things that are happening.  We've grown so close through this experience and I feel so blessed for that.

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: Caroline is 30 weeks.

Total Weight Gain: 32 pounds, ouch!! I can't get use to how different I look.  Not just my belly, all over.

Maternity Clothes: I'm now at the point where I don't feel comfortable in anything.  My staples are my black dress and my Old Navy jeans.  Can't. Live. Without. Them.

Best Moment of the Week: We had our showers this weekend in Greenville.  It was so nice seeing everyone and Caroline is so blessed that so many people love her!  When we got home, Eric asked if we could go through all of the gifts.  He was so excited and looked at everything - then put them in piles.  Clothes, diapers/wipes, blankets/bedding, bath, novelty.  Novelty is apparently where he thinks books, toys, picture frames, etc go.  Don't ask!

Gender: It’s a precious little girl!  Caroline Ann.

What’s Going on with Baby: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds. A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face.

Baby is size of: A head of cabbage!

Movement: Caroline is kicking less and moving more.  Sounds weird, right?  Well, she likes to roll around.  I will feel her move from one side to another.  It is an amazing feeling.

Food Craving: Everything except fish.  Specifically, anything sweet.  That's about as specific as I can get!

What I miss: My pretty long, lean feet.  I don't like fat rolls on my ankles!  And they hurt!

Sleep: Between the bathroom breaks and dry mouth from the prenatal vitamins, I only sleep about an hour at a time!

What I am looking forward to: Getting the nursery together and my work baby shower!

Symptoms: Wow, I'm tired a lot again.  Also, I'm swollen.  Very very swollen.

No comments:

Post a Comment