Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Pregnancy: 32 Weeks

So, I am in my 32nd week. I can't believe it. Time is absolutely flying by and everything is starting to come together. It's almost August already! I was reminded today of how I always wished summer would go by so slowly and now it doesn't really matter if it goes by fast or slow. When you work, all the matters is when your vacations are planned! :)

Here is my update for the week (sorry I missed 31).

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 32 weeks!

Total Weight Gain: I'm not 100% sure. I could say.... however, I don't think it's fair since my doctor told me that about 7-9 pounds of my weight is from being so swollen. So, just know that it's a lot and my feet hurt really bad!

Maternity Clothes: I received a package in the mail yesterday and opened it with anxiousness. It was a new shirt from my MIL!!!! You have no idea how exciting that is when you've been wearing the same things for 6 months!

Best Moment of the Week: Well, a lot has happened this week. We had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday. Eric had a meeting scheduled so he couldn't go. The meeting ended early so he was able to meet me for it. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal but there are some days that I need him to be with me. Not necessarily in regards to the baby, just to be there for me. Well, that was one of those days and it really helped having him there to talk with.

What’s Going on with Baby: She's starting to get ready for her big debut, tipping the scales at almost four pounds and topping out at just about 19 inches. In these past few weeks, it's all about practice, practice, practice as she hones the skills she'll need to thrive outside the womb — from swallowing and breathing to kicking and sucking. And speaking of sucking, your little one has been able to suck her thumb for a while now. Something else to note: As more and more fat accumulates under your baby's skin, she's becoming less transparent and more opaque.

Baby is size of: Honeydew

Movement: Her moves are getting more and more intense. She is officially upside down and she loves to put her foot at the bottom of my ribcage in a position where I can't sit down because it hurts! She's a booger.

Food Craving: This week - bologna. We had bologna sandwiches last weekend and I had a few sandwiches this week. Fried bologna, toasted wheat bread, mustard and mayonnaise. YUM!

What I miss: Sleeping on my back. I'm having trouble sleeping on my sides now and I long for the day I can be on my back again. My hips hurt so bad that I have to lay on my back some through the night just to give them relief.

Sleep: This week, the bathroom breaks don't even bother me. The hip pain has been the one keeping me up. That and for some reason the fact that my body wakes up around 3:30 and thinks its time to get up.

What I am looking forward to: Getting the nursery together!

Symptoms: I officially have stretch marks and the heart burn is back.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, i have no idea what went on up there, but that was suppose to say (+/-) not (=/.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only (=/-) 8 weeks till I get to meet my favorite niece!!!

    ReplyDelete